Graduated compression hosiery plays a vital role in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis. However, the pressure that graduated compression hosiery exerts on the heel can sometimes cause heel pressure ulcers, especially if patients are at risk for developing pressure ulcers.
That’s why Position Health created HeelSafe DVT Hose. The unique open-heel “window” design not only relieves pressure on the heel and Achilles tendon, but also allows for easy visualization and palpation of the heel for the prevention of heel pressure injuries.
- Unique open-heel “window” design allows for easy visualization and palpation of the heel to help prevent heel pressure injuries.
- The graduated compression helps prevent pooling of the blood in the legs.
- at risk for deep vein thrombosis, blood clots, and who are at risk for or who have a history of heel pressure ulcers
- restricted by limited mobility
- sitting or standing for long periods of time
- often traveling for long periods of time
- Machine wash warm – Delicate
- Hand wash warm
- NO BLEACH
- Drip dry
- Do not wring
- No ironing
Two Available Lengths: HeelSafe DVT Hose are available in thigh-high and knee-high lengths to accommodate all of your patients.
Knee High 20 to 12 mm Hg, decreasing ankle to calf.
Thigh High 20 to 9 mm Hg, decreasing ankle to thigh.
Soft, super-stretch material is comfortable enough for all-day wear. Moisture wicking yarn keeps moisture away from the body so the skin stays dry and cool.
WARNING: In vitro study with HeelSafe DVT Hose showed evidence of mild reactivity. CONTRAINDICATIONS: Patients with edematous, breached or compromised skin. Peripheral vascular disease – No pulses = no compression hose. CAUTIONS: Consult with your doctor if you have a history of allergies or sensitivity to nylon or spandex; or compromised circulatory function. PRECAUTIONS: Consult with your doctor if you observe any redness or swelling at the heel opening. Ensure that the measurement instructions for the calf and thigh shown in these directions for use are carefully followed to ensure correct fitting.